Top 3 Ways To Drink More Water This Summer.
Its been a hot couple of weeks and love it or hate it the heat set to continue for another couple! We all know that we need to drink a lot more water (me included) but with our busy days, it’s hard to remember to pick up a pint of water let alone 7! And in the summer months we usually require more. In this post I will help you with top 3 ways to drink more water this summer.
Why Drink Water?
Drinking water is the most important thing that our bodies need to survive and provides a tonne of benefits.
- Flushes out all the toxins from your body in the form of sweat and urination.
- Helps promote clear skin, again by flushing out rubbish from your body.
- Helps to promote weight loss by increasing your metabolism, helps to reduce hunger and helps you to eat less if you drink a glass 30 minutes before a meal.
- Increases energy and reduces fatigue. Feeling tired whilst sitting at your desk all day? Drink a glass of water, it definetly helps me get through the rest of the day.
- Boost your immune system. Drinking plenty of water helps you to
stay healthy, you are less likely to suffer colds and flu, it helps to fight against cancer, heart attacks and other health aliments.
- Helps with with digestion. Water helps keeps bowl movements regular, it is important in helping digest food and stops constipation.
- Got a headache? Drink some water, chances are you are dehydrated and will soon feel much better once you have had a couple of glasses.
How Can You Get More Water in This Summer?
So as you can see water is super important to have in our diets, but for most difficult to drink because of time,
forgetfulness and for some, dislike of the taste. Here are three reasons I use to help me get my 2 litres.
- Buy yourself a water bottle or simply refill an empty waterbottle. I find I drink more if I have a bottle next to me that I can refill. It’s best to have a 2 litre bottle and aim to finish the bottle by the end of the day. If you aren’t use to drink that amount, start slow and increase the amount you drink each day.
- If you aren’t a fan of the taste of water, try adding some lemon to add flavour. You can even create some flavoured water using fruits and spices. I make a jug full in the morning and keep in the fridge to drink throughout the day.
- Set some kind of reminder to help you drink more throughout the day. Set and alarm to go off in set intervals or place red dots around your desk or workplace, everytime you see a red dot, drink some water.
Well I hope my top 3 ways to drink more water this summer, helps you stay hydrated.