Top 3 Ways To Drink More Water This Summer6th July 2018
Fat, But Fit23rd July 2018
Fitness Solutions For A Hot Weather Problem
I think we would all agree that it has been hot hot hot, not that I’m complaining I love the sun but it sure does make it harder to get my workouts done. Desparately trying to complete a workout in high temepratures is no fun, so what are fitness solutions for a hot weather problem?
Working out in high temperatures can cause a lot more stress on the body resulting in serious illness so here are a few tips to help you keep going with your fitness routine.
So how do you keep fit in this heat?
- No your limits – You maybe super fit if you exercise every day but in the heat you may find that you start to struggle a lot sooner than you would you ususally expect too. Don’t push it, listen to your body and stop if you start to feel faint, have chest tightness or generally start to struggle to complete your usual routine.
- Train first thing in the morning – Make your workout a morning one before it really starts to heat up, the longer you leave it, the harder it will become to get it done. It also helps set you up for the day, and will boost your motivation.
- Train indoors – If you normally go for a run or play an outdoor sport, try changing things up a bit. Try an indoor workout, if you have access to a gym maybe try a class or create a your own weight training circuit. If you don’t have access to a gym train at home in your living room.
- Try a low impact workout – If you usually do high impact training try something lighter. Perhaps yoga, pilates or maybe go for swim.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate – Make sure you are getting your 7 pints of water a day as well has plenty during and after your workout.
- Choose your clothing wisely – No heavy t-shirts or thick shorts, make sure you wear breathable light fabrics to help keep you cool.
Well I hope this helps you out! Enjoy the sun, but remember train safe.